It's been a busy year! This time last year I'd only just started sewing again after a 20-year break and had made just a handful of things.
2010 was very different.
- By my reckoning I've tried at least 15 new purse / bag patterns (some of them many times over - I've had more requests for the 200mm purse frame above than anything else I've made) - in total I've made 40 bags or purses of all descriptions.
- I started knitting again - hadn't done that in about 20 years either!!
- I learned to crochet - there was a lot of swearing involved, but I got there in the end and even managed to make some clothes!! I even think I prefer crochet to knitting now!
- I learned japanese braiding (kumihimo) and plan to do much more next year.
- I took some jewellery-making classes and now can make basic bracelets, necklaces and earrings. Maybe not my forte ... but it was useful to to learn some of the techniques.
- The fabric stash has expanded quite dramatically - even A has noticed!! And my library of craft books is also growing.
Not quite sure what I ought to learn in 2011 ... any suggestions?